Wednesday 25 October 2017

A Week of Mark Making With Needle and Paintbrush


Gentle Grey
Gentle Soul
Gentle thoughts
My favourite for this week.


Last week I had the privilege of participating
in a workshop given by Leya Evelyn.
Thank you Leya


 How does a stone get a gentle glow of a mark like that?


 Whoops
the secondary marks I made
(only five insignificant stitches)
must have been on the other side of this one!


Love that single black speck of a mark.


Slice of pie


And at some time in it's life
someone took a bite out of this one.



6 comments:

  1. And still the variety continues!
    No, I don't know where such small specks of colour appear from either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... how you always seem to have the right fabric for the right stone, Penny ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Number 6....are you sure the fabric isn't the stone?? How did you get those etched marks on the fabric??? I am stumped...which has nothing to do with being stoned.....except to a tree, I suppose.

    Number 1...seismograph marks. I live on the Pacific Rim of Rock Movement.

    Number 3...are you sure that isn't a sunbeam? That is AmaZing.

    The Spot. Gah...Mother Earth is just so fantasticle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This time my favourite is the one with the single black mark - I wonder what happened in its life to cause that to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gentle gray, gentle soul- serenity
    You have an amazing gift of capturing the beauty of nature

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful interpretation of natural beauty.
    Beautiful stitches too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.